The TC1200 "Pocket Rocket" RS-232 Asynchronous Handshaking Fiber modem can link three data communications devices or one device with bi-directional control signals.
It functions as a 3-channel multiplexer by using control signal channels as data channels.
- Async Data Rates up to 120 Kbps
- 3 Independent Channels (or 1-chan w/ handshake)
- 5 Control Signals (RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR & CD)
- Multimode or Single Mode (850/1300/1550nm)
- Six Diagnostic LEDs
- Local & Remote Loopback
- Hardened Temperature Version (optional)
- Distances up to 80 Km
Typical applications include linking remote terminals or printers to host computers, tail circuits to existing multiplexers and extending data communications links.
Fiber Optic Modems are also ideal for connecting data communications devices in harsh manufacturing or outdoor environments where EMI or RFI interference, ground loops and lightning are prevalent.
- Asyncup to 120 Kbps
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST, Optional FC
- Loss Budgets * - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @9/125µm20dB
- ConnectorDB25 Male
- Interface(DCE ONLY) RS-232
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or Better
- LEDsPWR, DTR, DSR, RTS, CTS, RD, TxD, DCD (SYNC)
- Standard12VDC @250mA
- Optional115/230VAC (with External Power Cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(2.24 cm) 0.88"
- Width(10.05 cm) 3.96"
- Depth(7.77 cm) 3.06"
- Weight(104.0 gm) 3.67 oz