Fiber communication for applications requiring high data rates and handshaking, the TC1705 Multi-Interface Fiber Optic Modem features modular, field-changeable interfaces.
The TC1705 is the ultimate "configure-it-as-you-need-it" multi-interface fiber optic modem. Ideal for applications requiring multiple interfaces, high data rates or full handshaking, it supports synchronous and asynchronous data rates up to 256Kbps.
It supports most popular electrical interfaces including RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 (2-wire or 4-wire), RS-530, V.35 and TTL. Electrical interfaces are modular and can be easily changed before or after installation.
- Data Rates up to 256 Kbps
- Distances up to 80 km*
- Interchangeable Interfaces
- Multimode (850/1300nm) or Single Mode (1300/1550nm)
- Optional built-in WDM technology for full duplex through one fiber
- Local & Remote Loopback
- Supports five RS-232 Control Signals
- Built-In Power Redundancy
- Optical Redundancy (optional)
- Rackmount, Standalone or Wall Mount
- Hardened Temperature Version (optional)
- Modular design
- RS-232 (Async or Sync)up to 128 Kbps
- RS-422/485/530 (Async or Sync)up to 256 Kbps
- TTL, V.35 (Async or Sync)up to 256 Kbps
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST, FC, SC
- Loss Budgets* - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @ 62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @ 9/125µm20dB
- Interfaces/Connector RS-232, RS-422/530, RS-485, TTL, V.35DB25 Female
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- Dry Contact AlarmNormal OPEN
- Local & Remote LoopbackYes
- Signal Generator, Disable AlarmYes
- System StatusPWR A, PWR B, Vcc, ALARM
- Electrical Signal StatusTxD, RxD, DTE, "control & timing LEDs"
- Optic Signal StatusRx-A, Rx-B
- Standard12VDC @300mA
- Optional24Vdc, -48Vdc, 125Vdc or 115/230VAC w/ Power Cube
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp 1 (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Hi-Temp 2 (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.39"
- Width(18.13 cm) 7.14"
- Depth(16.59 cm) 6.53"
- Weight(544 gm) 1.2 lbs