Fiber communication for applications requiring high data rates and handshaking, the TC1705 Multi-Interface Fiber Optic Modem features modular, field-changeable interfaces.
- Data Rates up to 256 Kbps
- Distances up to 80 km*
- Interchangeable Interfaces
- Multimode (850/1300nm) or Single Mode (1300/1550nm)
- Optional built-in WDM technology for full duplex through one fiber
- Local & Remote Loopback
- Supports five RS-232 Control Signals
- Built-In Power Redundancy
- Optical Redundancy (optional)
- Rackmount, Standalone or Wall Mount
- Hardened Temperature Version (optional)
- Modular design
ApplicationsBecause of its versatility, features and multiple interfaces, the TC1705 is often used to link a wide variety of synchronous or asynchronous devices to a central CPU in a campus or intrabuilding fiber optic network.
- RS-232 (Async or Sync)up to 128 Kbps
- RS-422/485/530 (Async or Sync)up to 256 Kbps
- TTL, V.35 (Async or Sync)up to 256 Kbps
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST, FC, SC
- Loss Budgets* - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @ 62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @ 9/125µm20dB
- Interfaces/Connector RS-232, RS-422/530, RS-485, TTL, V.35DB25 Female
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- Dry Contact AlarmNormal OPEN
- Local & Remote LoopbackYes
- Signal Generator, Disable AlarmYes
- System StatusPWR A, PWR B, Vcc, ALARM
- Electrical Signal StatusTxD, RxD, DTE, "control & timing LEDs"
- Optic Signal StatusRx-A, Rx-B
- Standard12VDC @300mA
- Optional24Vdc, -48Vdc, 125Vdc or 115/230VAC w/ Power Cube
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp 1 (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Hi-Temp 2 (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.39"
- Width(18.13 cm) 7.14"
- Depth(16.59 cm) 6.53"
- Weight(544 gm) 1.2 lbs
* Contact factory for higher requirements