Multi-Interface Fiber Optic Data Multiplexer (8-to-128 ch. "Channel Stacker" )
The TC8108 8-128 Channel RS232, RS422, RS485, TTL & Dry Contact Data Fiber Optic Multiplexer is a cost effective way to connect large numbers of serial devices.
The TC8108 “Channel Stacker” Serial Data Fiber Optic Multiplexer is a reliable and economical solution for linking large numbers of asynchronous or synchronous printers, terminals & status collecting devices. It provides several key features including field interchangeable interfaces, modular expandability from 8 to 64 channels & power/optical redundancy.
- Mix or Match Field-Interchangeable Interfaces: RS-232, RS422, TTL, & Dry Contact Relays
- Data Rates up to 38.4 Kbps*
- 8 to 64 Channels (Expandable to 128)
- Optional Optical Redundancy
- Local Dry Contact Relay Alarm
- Built-In Test Signal Generator
- Local & Remote Loopback Features
- Multimode or Single Mode (850/1300/1550nm)
- Rackmount or Standalone
- Async 8/16/24/32 Ch.Up to 38.4 Kbps
- Async 40/48/56/64 ChUp to 19.2 Kbps
- Async 128 ChannelUp to 16 Kbps
- Sync (up to 16 Channels w/Ext. Clk)Up to 38.4 Kbps
- Sync (32 Channel Version w/Ext. Clk)Up to 19.2 Kbps
- Async8; stackable to 64 Channels (up to 128 w/Fan-Out Cables)
- Sync 4; stackable to 32 Channels
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST or FC
- Loss Budget * - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @ 62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @ 9/125µm20dB
- Channel Status (each ch.)Tx, Rx
- SystemPWR A, PWR B, VccA, VccB, Alarm
- OpticRxA, RxB, Optic Rx, FCLK
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or better
- ConnectorRJ11 Female
- Interface (standard)RS-232, RS-422, Dry Contact Relay
- Interface (custom)TTL, 2 or 4-wire 485* or a combination
- Dry ContactNormal OPEN
- Standard12VDC @600mA
- Optional115/230VAC w/ external cube or card
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(17.7 cm) 7.0"
- Width(3.2 cm) 1.25"
- Depth(23 cm) 9.0"
- Weight(280 gm) 8 oz
* Contact factory for higher requirements
For more information
Product version may differ from current manual. For assistance or proper manual version please contact Technical Support.