The pocket-sized 8 channel TC1880 "Micro" RS232 Fiber Optic Multiplexer offers the lowest per-channel cost of any comparable fiber optic mux currently available.
- Multiplexes Async/Sync Simultaneously
- Data Rates up to 56 Kbps
- Multimode or Single Mode (850/1300/1550nm)
- Small Size (5/6" x 4" x 13/4")
- Up to 8 Async Channels
- Up to 4 Sync Channels (Ext. Clock)
- Extend Up to 8 Telephones with TC1900 Quick-Talk Telephone Extender
- Hardened Temperature
ApplicationsThe TC1880 Micro Multiplexer is a simple and cost effective method for connecting large numbers of async or synchronous terminals, printers and status collecting devices. It is typically used in harsh environments where ground loops, EMI/RFI interference and lightning conditions may affect transmission signal quality.
Data Rates (per channel)
- Async or Sync (w/ ext. clock)up to 56 Kbps
- Channel Capacity8
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST, Optional FC
- Loss Budget * - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @ 62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @ 9/125µm20dB
- ConnectorDB25 Female
- Interface(DCE) RS-232
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or better
- LEDsPower, Sync, Signal Presence of Each Channel
- Standard12VDC @250mA
- Optional24VDC, 115/230VAC (w/external power cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(2.24 cm) 0.88"
- Width(10.05 cm) 3.96"
- Depth(4.40 cm) 1.73"
- Weight(104.0 gm) 3.67 oz
- Cable Assembly*1 Foot Long
* Contact factory for higher requirements