T1/E1 Fiber Optic Converter Modem
The TC1631R/S is a T1/E1 Fiber Optic Modem that converts analog T1 or E1 signals to digital fiber optic signal and vice versa linking channel banks, PBXs, and M13 multiplexers at distances up to 80km.
TC1631 offers advanced features such as digital transmission, jitter removal and a field replaceable Line Interface Module. Because it is based on modern FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) technology, the IC chip counts are reduced to a minimum, hence offering extremely low power consumption (less than 3 watts) and higher reliability.
- Distances up to 80km
- Local & Remote Loopback
- Extensive trouble-shooting LED Indicators
- No Jitter
- Multimode & Single Mode (1300/1550nm)
- Optical Redundancy (Optional)
- One Fiber Bi-Directional (Optional)
- Low Current Consumption
- Replaceable Line Interface Module
- Local Dry Contact Alarm Relay
- RJ45 (RJ48C) and Detachable Terminal Block Connectors
The TC1631 Fiber Optic T1/E1 Modem is typically used to link Channel Banks, PBX’s, and M13 Multiplexers to DSX-1 Cross Connects. It is also used to link Customer Premises Equipment to CSU/ DSUs and with metallic medium T1/ E1 multiplexers to transmit over fiber optic cable.
- T11.544 Mbps
- E12.048 Mbps
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsSC, Optional ST or FC
- Loss Budgets * - 1300/1550nm
- Multimode @62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @9/125µm20dB
- InterfaceT1 or E1 (G.703)
- T1 Connector (100 ohm)Detachable Terminal Block, RJ-48C (RJ-45 Female)
- E1 Connector (120 ohm)Detachable Terminal Block, RJ-48C (RJ-45 Female)
- E1 Connector (75 ohm)Detachable Terminal Block & BNC Cable
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or Better
- Dry ContactNormal OPEN
- System StatusPWR A, PWR B, Vcc, ALM, Rx-A, Rx-B, USE-B, SYNC
- T1/E1 StatusLOCRD, LAIS, BPV, LOCLB, RMTRD, RAIS, RMTLB, LEN
- Local & Remote LoopbackYes
- Standard12VDC @ 300mA
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 115/230VAC (with Power Cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.4"
- Width(18.14 cm) 7.2"
- Depth(16.57 cm) 6.6"
- Weight(635 gm) 1.4 lbs
For more information
Product version may differ from current manual. For assistance or proper manual version please contact Technical Support.