The TC1520 RS-422/RS-485 (2/4-Wire) Asynchronous Fiber Modem is ideal as an efficient network connectivity solution for linking IEDs and various Remote Terminal Units (RTUs).
Because the TC1520 can be multi-dropped on the electrical side (RS-485), it is ideal for poll and response applications (e.g. SCADA & Process Control) in Industrial and Manufacturing environments. An extreme temperature version (-20°C to 70°C) for hostile environments is optional.
- Async Data Rates up to 500 Kbps*
- RS-422, 2 or 4-wire RS-485
- Hardened Temperature Version (optional)
- Ring or Point-to-point Topologies
- Distances up to 80km
- Multimode or Single Mode (850/1300/1550nm)
- Six Diagnostic LEDs
- Sturdy Compact Metal Case
The TC1520 is often used to link various process control systems in manufacturing plants, refineries, etc. It is also commonly used to connect Remote Terminal Units to SCADA hosts, to monitor Power and Water plant devices and to link security networks.
- Asyncup to 500 Kbps*
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST, Optional FC
- Loss Budgets * - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @9/125µm20dB
- ConnectorTerminal Blocks
- InterfaceRS-422, 2-wire or 4-wire RS-485
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- LEDsPWR, TD, RD, RS-485, DRV Mode, Optic Sync
- Standard12VDC @ 200mA
- Optional115/230VAC (with External Power Cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(2.24 cm) 0.88"
- Width(10.05 cm) 3.96"
- Depth(4.40 cm) 1.73"
- Weight(104 gm) 3.67 oz