Supporting data rates up to 500 Kbps, the TC1540 RS485 Fiber Modem is an unusually flexible point-to-point link for Industrial, SCADA & Process Control Networks.
The TC1540 is a highly versatile, switch-selectable 2/4-wire RS 485 fiber optic modem that can mix or match RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 (2-wire or 4-wire) interfaces, as required. For example, a user could link a RS-485 interface on one end with an RS-232, RS-422 or 4-wire RS-485 interface on the other. The 2-wire RS-485 versions can be converted to 4-wire RS-485 by changing a DIP switch.
- Async Data Rates to 500 Kbps*
- Distances up to 80km
- Multimode or Single Mode (850/1300/1550nm)
- Switch-Selectable RS-485 (2/4 wire) or RS-422
- Mix & Match RS-232/422/485
- Built-In Test Signal Generator
- 7 LEDs & 7 DIP Switches for Diagnostics
- Detachable Terminal Block Connectors
- Local & Remote Loopback
- 12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC, or 115/230VAC
The TC1540 typically interconnects CPUs or Host Controllers with remote terminal units (RTUs). It is frequently used in SCADA, Traffic Control, Manufacturing Process Control and Security applications.
- Asyncup to 500 Kbps*, (RS-232) up to 120 Kbps
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength850/1300nm MM, 1300/1550nm SM
- Fiber Optic ConnectorsST, Optional FC
- Loss Budgets * - 850/1300/1550nm
- Multimode @62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @9/125µm20dB
- ConnectorTerminal Blocks
- Interface(DCE) RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 (2 or 4-wire)
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- LEDsTD, RD, O-Sync, Coll, DrvMd, RS-485, Power
- Standard12VDC @250mA
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 115/230VAC (with External Power Cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(2.86 cm) 1.13"
- Width(12.70 cm) 5.00"
- Depth(6.60 cm) 2.60"
- Weight(148 gm) 5.22 oz