Emergency Phone Line Bridge / Crash Phone
Designed specifically for emergency phone line applications, the TC8938-1/-2 receives and broadcasts a 2-wire analog POTS signal to up to 7 remote phones. The initiator of the call can have a conversation with up to 7 remote users on the same phone line.
The TC8938 provides one master FXS port for initiating the emergency phone call. It provides 7 FXS extension ports, each one connecting to 2-wire analog phones. Each remote port provides its own ring generator that rings a conventional 2-wire analog phone.
- One Master Port, FXS Standard (TC8938-1), FXO Optional (TC8938-2) & Up to 7 Extension Ports
- Two Master Ports, FXS Only (TC8938-3), Up to 6 Extension Ports
- Voice Bandwidth from 300Hz to 3.4Khz for Toll Quality Sound
- 12VDC Power Supply, Optional 24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC or 115/230VAC*
- Built-In Power Redundancy
- Rackmount or Standalone
- Hi Temp or Extreme Temp Options
*115/230VAC for Rackmount unit
115/230VAC with power adapter for Wallmount unit
The TC8938 is used in emergency party-line network applications. Up to 8 users can be linked to one party-line conversation.
For example, if an emergency at an airport occurs picking up the master phone in the control tower will automatically ring all remote telephone extensions. Remote extensions can be located at local police, fire, ambulance and health facility locations. PBX is not required.
- Telephone300 Hz to 3.4 Khz
- TC8938-18 (1 FXS Host + 7 Remotes)
- TC8938-28 (1 FXO Host + 7 Remotes)
- TC8938-38 (2 FXS Host + 6 Remotes)
- ConnectorRJ11 Female
- Interface2 Wire POTS
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- System StatusAlarm, Power A, Power B, Vcc
- Channel StatusTx Rx
- Ring Test, Disable Alarm, Volume Adjustment
- Standard12VDC @1.2A
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC
- or 115/230VAC for Rackmount unit
- or 115/230VAC w/ power adapter for Wallmount unit
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.39"
- Width(18.13 cm) 7.14"
- Depth(24.89 cm) 9.80"
- Weight(887 gm) 1.96 lb
For more information
Product version may differ from current manual. For assistance or proper manual version please contact Technical Support.