TCView® is a Windows based element management system for the JumboSwitch and TC Communications next generation platforms. It provides users with comprehensive management tools, including features that are not available on similar products from other vendors. For example, TCView® enables users to set thresholds and monitor key parameters including temperature, transmit/receive power and power consumption.
TCView® offers multi-user support for network operations, maintaining a centralized data base and remote access via an IP network. Based on the ITU-T Telecommunications Management Network (TMN) model with advanced FCAPS capabilities, TCView® can also monitor third party devices (subject to TC Communications approval).
TCView® offers a comprehensive and intuitive fault management system. Alarm messages and threshold breaches covering all facets of network health and operations are communicated to the network administrator via an intuitive window that clearly displays the fault, severity, and probable cause. In addition, it provides the ability to generate tickets sent via email for quick problem resolution on the same alarm screen. Upon resolution and clearing of the alarm, TCView® still maintains a searchable history of the alarm for future reference.
Given TCView®’s easy-to-use design and comprehensive point-and-click graphical user interface, configuring a JumboSwitch network is straightforward and simple. Because it automatically configures Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol upon start-up, TCView® generates an accurate initial draft of the entire network topology. This significantly saves configuration time as well as prevents inaccuracies due to human error. Under policy-based setting, mundane repetitive commands are stored and executed in bulk to minimize configuration effort.
All aspects of VLAN configuration have been streamlined into an intuitive network configuration tab. A user only need to select ports, cards, or an entire chassis and drag and drop them into a newly created VLAN.
Snap shots of network configurations can be generated and saved on a regular basis for backup and network recovery after possible failure conditions.
- Automatic network configuration using RSTP
- Centrally manage configurations and upgrades
- Network configuration including VLANs, QoS, Priority and Rate Limits.
- Current configuration can be compared with baseline (factory default, etc)
- Configuration audit to check conflict or compare configuration with performance data
- Backup and synchronization version
- Access directly to a managed device
- Fail over and fault tolerance configuration
- MIBs Import/Export for network management integration (subject to TC Communications approval)
TCView® offers a comprehensive network hardware and software inventory management system that includes important details such as serial numbers, hardware and software version numbers and locations. Most of these parameters are stored and automatically loaded from EPROMs on each interface card without user intervention. Minor customization, such as location, names, etc. by the administrator, can turn this operation into a full-featured inventory analysis tool which can save enormous time and effort during upgrades. The asset management database can be saved as a simple Excel spreadsheet, then manipulated and uploaded back to TCView®.
For Performance Management, TCView® offers access to all key JumboSwitch performance parameters vital to healthy network operation. The following parameters are available in immediate or historical interval views for complete visibility into trends and statistics about overall network health:
- Link Status
- Bandwidth Utilization – Per card or per Chassis
- Temperature for each card – Upper and lower limit thresholds can be set by the user
- Power consumption by individual Cards
- Launch and receive power on all optical interfaces
Cyber Security is becoming an enterprise operation that focuses on network management. As a result, TCView® was designed from the ground up with a solid set of security functions. Also, for easy management, TCView® organizes all security tasks into one management screen. The following features are included:
- SSH/SSL encryption
- Identity management
- User Access Policy management
- Multilevel Password and Privilege System with automatic expiration interval
- Enable and Disable Switch ports
- SNMPv3 authentication and encryption
- 802.1Q VLAN
- 802.1x Network Access Control
- Report security related information and event
- User log and trace (Radius and TACACS)