T1/E1, Data/Voice & Ethernet Fiber Optic Multiplexer (4-24 Ch.)
The TC8518 T1/E1, Data/Voice & Ethernet Fiber Optic Multiplexer multiplexes 4/8/16 channels of T1/E1 and 3 Ethernet ports on single mode (1300/1550nm) or multimode (1300nm) fiber.
- Multiplexes Up to 24 T1 or 20 E1 and 3 Ethernet Ports Over Fiber
- Optional Voice (up to 8 channels FXS/FXO or 4 channels 2 Wire/4 Wire Analog) or Data (up to 8 channels RS-232/RS-422/RS-485)
- Optical and Power Redundancy Standard
- Key Features: Statistics Monitoring (T1/E1, Ethernet, Optics), Ethernet Rate Limiting, Remote Firmware Upgrade, Network Time Server (NTS), Temperature Monitoring and Loop Up/Down Codes
- Management (Web, SNMP, Telnet,Console)
- FXS/FXO Ports Support Modems & Faxes
- High Temp (-20°C to +70°C) and Extreme Temp (-40°C to +80°C) Optional
- Multimode or (1300nm) or Singlemode Optics (1300/1550nm)
- 90-260VAC Hot Swappable Power Standard Optional Power: 12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC
Typical applications include connecting T1/E1 signals from Cell Towers to Central Offices, multiplexing T1/E1 links between PBX’s, and adding Ethernet, Analog, Data or Telephone service to existing T1 or E1 fiber optic links.
Service Providers use the TC8518 as an efficient, cost effective method to provide their customers with Ethernet (100Mbps Total Bandwidth) for data and T1/E1 for voice. Analog channels can be used for radio applications.
The one fiber, bi-directional optic option doubles existing fiber optic cable capacity.
- T11.544 Mbps
- E12.048 Mbps
- Ethernet100 Mbps Total
- Async RS-232/422/485Up to 115K
- Audio300 Hz to 3.4 Khz
- T14, 8, 16, 20*, 24*
- E14, 8, 16, 20*
- Ethernet3 Port Switch
- 2-Wire/4-Wire Analog 4
- RS-232/422/4854 or 8
- Telephone (FXS or FXO)4 or 8
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength1300nm Multimode, 1300/1550nm Single Mode
- Optical ConnectorsSC/ST
- Loss Budgets **
- LED15dB MM @62.5/125µm
- LASER20dB SM @9/125µm
- InterfaceT1, E1 (G.703) IEEE 802.3, T1 (100 Ohm), E1 (120 Ohm)
- E1 (75 Ohm) ConnectorsBNC***
- 10/100 Ethernet ConnectorsRJ45F
- Console PortRJ45F
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or Better
- System LEDsPWR (A, B), Alarm
- Channel Status (each port)On/Off
- Optical StatusSync, RDI,OPT-A, OPT-B, Use-B, Loc Test, Rmt Test, RCOM
- EthernetLink/Act, Full/Col, 100M
- Local and Remote Loopback for Optics, T1/E1, and Ethernet
- Standard90-260VAC, 50/60Hz
- Optional12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC
- Power Consumption <30W
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- High Temp (optn)-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp (optn)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(4.22 cm) 1.66"
- Width(48.26 cm) 19"
- Depth(30.5 cm) 12”
- Weight(1.36 kg) 3.0 lbs
For more information
Product version may differ from current manual. For assistance or proper manual version please contact Technical Support.