Compact and efficient the TC3847-1DR is fully managed Industrial Ethernet switch solution with full JumboSwitch® network compatibility and integrated Serial Server supporting transport of four channels of RS-232 or RS-422/RS-485 data.
The JumboSwitch® series is a TDM over IP/Ethernet based solution designed to emulate time-division multiplexing over packet switched networks (PSN). TDM over IP/Ethernet is a TDM pseudowire (PW) technology making it possible to provision E1, T1, E3, T3, STS-1 and serial data services across PSN's such as IP, MPLS or layer 2 Ethernet Networks.
- Compact Chassis with Full Management
- Base Unit with 2x GigE SFP** Ports +6x 10/100Base-T
- Expansion Card with 4 Channels of RS-232 or RS-422/RS-485
- Dual-Master Mode Supported for Redundant Poll-Response Application over Network (Optional)
- Ethernet Rate Limiting, VLAN, QoS
- Built-In Power/Temperature Sensors
- Industrial Hardened & IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 & NEMA TS-2 Compliant
- Member of the JumboSwitch® Product Family
An all-in-one connectivity solution for industrial automation and commercial network applications, the TC3847-1DR benefits users by offering Managed Ethernet Switch with 4-channel Serial Server.
The TC3847-1DR is often used by Utilities to connect substation RTUs/PLCs, including older legacy units with serial interfaces, to a central control center. Optional Dual-Master Mode adds redundancy, enabling two different hosts to poll remote slave units at the same time.
- RJ4510/100 Mbps
- SFP1000 Mbps
- Base (Ethernet)
- RJ456 Ports
- SFP2 Ports
- Expansion (Ethernet)
- Expansion (Serial-RS232/422/485)
- TC3847-1DR8 Ports (RJ11)
- (NOTE: Supports maximum of 4 channels of RS232 or RS422 or RS485 or Mix)
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength (SFP) 850/1300nm MM and 1300/1550 SM
- SFP ConnectorsLC
- Loss Budgets - 1300/1550nm
- Multimode @62.5/125µm15dB
- Single Mode @9/125µm20dB
- (NOTE: Contact factory for higher requirements)
- PWR A, PWR B, Vcc, EXP, DFLT, ALM, SHR, MSTRYes
- (NOTE: Different Expansion may have different LEDs)
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or Better
- Dry ContactNO or NC (selectable)
- Traffic StatisticsYes
- Launch PowerYes
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 115/230VAC (w/ external cube)
- Standard Temp -20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(16.26 cm) 6.4"
- Width(5.84 cm) 2.3"
- Depth(13.21 cm) 5.2"
- Weight(544 gm) 1.2 lbs
- TC3840DR-X-14-0Master Unit, Dual Master (or regular Serial Server)
- TC3840DR-X-13-1Slave Unit, Dual Master on Port 1 & 2, use for Single-Channel
- TC3840DR-X-13-3Slave Unit, Dual-Master on Port 1 & 2 and 3 & 4, use for Dual-Channel