This Analog & Dry Contact IP Gateway links or extends up to 4 channels of 4W E&M or 2-wire 600 ohm analog circuits across Layer 2/3 Ethernet networks.
The JumboSwitch® series is a TDM over IP/Ethernet based solution designed to emulate time-division multiplexing over packet switched networks (PSN). TDM over IP/Ethernet is a TDM pseudowire (PW) technology making it possible to provision E1, T1, E3, T3, STS-1 and serial data services across PSN's such as IP, MPLS or layer 2 Ethernet Networks.
- Pass full 300Hz-3kHz bandwidth without compression or added noise or distortion
- 1, 2 or 4 ports of 4W E&M or 2-wire audio over IP
- 1 and 2 ch. units field expandable to 2 or 4 channels
- No compression of the audio ensures exceptional audio clarity and 100% compatibility with signaling tones
- Extremely Low Latency
- Temperature and power consumption monitoring
- Extreme temp (-40°C to +80ºC) optional
- Meets or exceeds IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 and NEMA TS-2 standards
- Member of JumboSwitch Product Family
"Over the past thirty-five years I have used similar boxes from other vendors for similar applications. But I have never seen one that would produce such a linear, uniform audio transmission from one end to the other - especially across an IP link.”
- Martin T. Vinson, N.C.T., A.S.C.E.T.
TC3846-6 is effective for most Analog/Radio over IP Gateway applications, such as linking Repeater and voting receiver sites to central voter/dispatch sites, improving voice quality and increasing system reliability in harsh environments. Applications also include linking or extending 4W E&M and 2W 600 ohm analog circuits, audio and intercom devices, Modems (e.g. Frequency Shift Keying [FSK] and FFSK modems), teleprotection relay controllers and dry contacts over Layer 2/3 IP networks.
- 600 ohm (2/4 Wire)1, 2, or 4 Ports
- Dry Contact1, 2, or 4 Ports
- Ethernet1 Port
- Dry Contact Interface
- Normal openStandard
- Normal closeOptional
- Load Voltage (peak AC)60V
- Load Voltage (DC)60V
- Continuous load current0.55A
- Peak load current1.2A
- Max On Resistance2.5 Ω
- Output Capacitance150pF
- Detector Max input voltage9V
- 600Ω Analog Interface
- Max Input3Vp-p
- Frequency band300 to 3400Hz
- Ethernet Interface
- StandardsIEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.1p&Q
- Console PortRJ45
- CE, FCC Part 15, CISPR (EN55022) CLASS A, IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, NEMA TS-2
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or Better
- Local and Remote Loopback for Analog and Ethernet
- Unit StatusPWR (A, B), Alarm, Vcc, CS, MS
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 125VDC (1U/ 2U/ 4U only), 90-260 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption< 10W
- Hi-Temp-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp-40°C to 80°C
- Temperature-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.15 cm) 1.24"
- Width(17.78 cm) 7.0"
- Depth(22.86 cm) 9.0"
- Weight(0.3 kg) 0.75 lbs