2W/4W E&M 600 Ohm and Dry Contact over IP Gateway
The TC3846-6 links or extends up to 4 channels of 600 ohm 2/4-wire analog and dry contacts across Layer 2/3 Ethernet/IP, CE, or MPLS networks. For cost savings and scalability, units can be ordered with only 1 or 2 channels of analog and dry contacts and later expanded in the field to 2 or 4 channels.
- 1, 2, 4 channels (expandable) of 2W/4W E&M 600 ohm over IP
- Uncompressed audio ensures flat audio response allowing crystal clear audio and 100% passing of in-band audio signaling
- Extremely low latency ensures compatibility with all voting and simulcast systems
- Compatible with all dispatch consoles
- FSK, FFSK modem capability
- Meets or exceeds IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 & NEMA TS-2 standards
- Extreme operating temp (-40°C to +80°C) option
- Member of JumboSwitch Product Family
How it's connected:
Here is a typical application radio system - simulcast with dispatch and voter
The JumboSwitch series is a TDM over IP/Ethernet based solution designed to emulate time-division multiplexing over packet switched networks (PSN). TDM over IP/Ethernet is a TDM pseudowire (PW) technology making it possible to provision E1, T1, E3, T3, STS-1 and serial data services across PSN's such as IP, MPLS or layer 2 Ethernet Networks.
"Over the past thirty-five years I have used similar boxes from other vendors for similar applications. But I have never seen one that would produce such a linear, uniform audio transmission from one end to the other - especially across an IP link."
- Martin T. Vinson, N.C.T., A.S.C.E.T.
Learn more about Enhanced Audio with Analog Radio Over IP
Frequently asked questions:
Q: How much network bandwidth is required for one audio channel?
A: Network bandwidth per channel ranges depending on settings, but at default settings it is 220Kbps per channel (the unit is set at latency mode 3, see chart below).
Q: Is the full bandwidth required at all times or only when audio voice is present?
A: Yes, full bandwidth is required at all times. A link is opened and established for minimal latency and real-time communications.
Q: Is there any capability to compensate for network jitter?
A: Yes, the jitter buffer has 5 latency settings to compensate for packet delay variation (see latency chart above).
Q: Does it require, or can it make use of, network QoS?
A: Yes, it does make use of QoS and is recommended.
Q: Would it be suitable for operation over a cellular LTE router?
A: : In general, this is not recommended, particularly as a primary connection.
Radio system using Simulcast with dispatch and voter
A typical radio system in a simulcast voting network. Using a TC3846-6 at each of the remote sites, 4W from these sites are converted and sent back to dispatch through a packet-based network, then converted back to 4W to communicate with the voter and dispatch console. A single card at dispatch can communicate with up to 4 remote locations.
Broadcasting in a campus security or Public Address (PA) network
The TC3846-6 can also take 1 input and broadcast by cloning the signal over its other open ports, ideal for PA networks that are looking to migrate their transport to a packet-based network.
Airport operations radio communications
Communications between the Digital Antenna System (DAS), air traffic control and weather operations buildings via an upgraded self-healing IP/Ethernet fiber optic ring.
600 ohm analog audio devices
Compatible with FSK, FFSK modems
- 600 ohm (2/4 Wire)1, 2, or 4 Ports
- Dry Contact1, 2, or 4 Ports
- GigabitEthernet1 Port
- Dry Contact Interface
- Normal openStandard
- Normal closeOptional
- Max Load Voltage60V
- Continuous load current0.55A
- Peak load current1.2A
- Detector max input voltage9V
- 600 ohm Analog Interface
- Max Input3Vp-p
- Frequency band300 to 3400Hz
- Ethernet Interface
- StandardsIEEE 802.3, 802.3u
- Console Interface
- Connector2.5mm Audio Jack
- CE, FCC Part 15, CISPR (EN55022) CLASS A, IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, NEMA TS-2
- Local and Remote Loopback for Analog and Dry Contact
- Unit StatusPWR (A, B), Alarm, BU, PL, Vcc, BP, MGM
- AnalogOn, Sync
- Dry ContactDetector, Relay
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 125VDC (1U/ 2U/ 4U only), 90-260 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption< 10W
- Hi-Temp-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp-40°C to 80°C
- Temperature-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.15 cm) 1.24"
- Width(17.78 cm) 7.0"
- Depth(22.86 cm) 9.0"
- Weight(0.3 kg) 0.75 lbs
For more information
For assistance with this product or to request a user manual please contact Technical Support.