The TC3846-6 links or extends up to 4 channels of 600 ohm 2/4-wire analog and dry contacts across Layer 2/3 Ethernet/IP, CE, or MPLS networks. For cost savings and scalability, units can be ordered with only 1 or 2 channels of analog and dry contacts and later expanded in the field to 2 or 4 channels.
- 1, 2, 4 channels (expandable) of 2W/4W E&M 600 ohm over IP
- Uncompressed audio ensures flat audio response allowing crystal clear audio and 100% passing of in-band audio signaling
- Extremely low latency ensures compatibility with all voting and simulcast systems
- Compatible with all dispatch consoles
- FSK, FFSK modem capability
- Meets or exceeds IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 & NEMA TS-2 standards
- Extreme operating temp (-40°C to +80°C) option
- Member of JumboSwitch Product Family
The JumboSwitch series is a TDM over IP/Ethernet based solution designed to emulate time-division multiplexing over packet switched networks (PSN). TDM over IP/Ethernet is a TDM pseudowire (PW) technology making it possible to provision E1, T1, E3, T3, STS-1 and serial data services across PSN's such as IP, MPLS or layer 2 Ethernet Networks.
"Over the past thirty-five years I have used similar boxes from other vendors for similar applications. But I have never seen one that would produce such a linear, uniform audio transmission from one end to the other - especially across an IP link."
- Martin T. Vinson, N.C.T., A.S.C.E.T.
Voted radio systems
- Low latency and uncompressed audio ensures reliable operations and crystal clear audio
- Compatible with all voted solutions
- Low latency and signal distortion allows seamless integration with existing analog simulcast networks
Leased line replacement
- 100% compatible with existing 4W or 2W leased lines, improving reliability, network flexibility and allowing for significant cost reductions
600 ohm analog audio devices
- Compatible with FSK, FFSK modems
- 600 ohm (2/4 Wire)1, 2, or 4 Ports
- Dry Contact1, 2, or 4 Ports
- GigabitEthernet1 Port
- Dry Contact Interface
- Normal openStandard
- Normal closeOptional
- Max Load Voltage60V
- Continuous load current0.55A
- Peak load current1.2A
- Detector max input voltage9V
- 600 ohm Analog Interface
- Max Input3Vp-p
- Frequency band300 to 3400Hz
- Ethernet Interface
- StandardsIEEE 802.3, 802.3u
- Console Interface
- Connector2.5mm Audio Jack
- CE, FCC Part 15, CISPR (EN55022) CLASS A, IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, NEMA TS-2
- Local and Remote Loopback for Analog and Dry Contact
- Unit StatusPWR (A, B), Alarm, BU, PL, Vcc, BP, MGM
- AnalogOn, Sync
- Dry ContactDetector, Relay
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 125VDC (1U/ 2U/ 4U only), 90-260 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption< 10W
- Hi-Temp-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp-40°C to 80°C
- Temperature-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.15 cm) 1.24"
- Width(17.78 cm) 7.0"
- Depth(22.86 cm) 9.0"
- Weight(0.3 kg) 0.75 lbs