The TC8916 Broadcast & Receive device is used in SCADA or poll-response networks with a Star topology to link up to 23 ports from a SCADA Host to RTUs.
Designed specifically for SCADA and process control applications with a Star topology, the TC8916 Broadcast & Receive Device broadcasts & receives information from remote devices. Transparent to all data sent in either direction, it is typically used to link SCADA Hosts to remote terminal units (RTUs) or programmable logic devices (PLCs) via fiber optic or metallic cable.
Supports Polled/Response SCADA Networks
- RS-232 or RS-422
- Up to 24 Channels; Can be Cascaded
- Anti-Streaming Capability on Each Channel
- Hardened Temperature version exceeds NEMA & CALTRANS specs
- LED Indicators for Each Channel’s Tx & Rx Status
- Stand Alone or Rackmount
- Asyncup to 120 Kbps (RS-232), up to 500 Kbps (RS-422)
- Standard8 (1 Host + 7 Devices)
- Optional16 (1 Host + 15 Devices)
- Optional24 (1 Host + 23 Devices)
- ConnectorRJ11 Female
- Interface(DCE) RS-232 or RS-422
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or better
- System StatusAlarm, Power A, Power B, Vcc, Timer-1, Timer-2
- Channel StatusHost BRD, Host RSP, BRD & RSP (for each channel)
- Standard12VDC @250mA
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 115/230VAC w/ External Power Cube
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Hardened (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.39"
- Width(18.13 cm) 7.14"
- Depth(24.89 cm) 9.80"
- Weight(887 gm) 1.96 lb