The TC8916 Broadcast & Receive device is used in SCADA or poll-response networks with a Star topology to link up to 23 ports from a SCADA Host to RTUs.
Supports Polled/Response SCADA Networks
- RS-232 or RS-422
- Up to 24 Channels; Can be Cascaded
- Anti-Streaming Capability on Each Channel
- Hardened Temperature version exceeds NEMA & CALTRANS specs
- LED Indicators for Each Channel’s Tx & Rx Status
- Stand Alone or Rackmount
ApplicationsThe TC8916 is often used in SCADA applications with a Star topology to link a SCADA Host to RTUs. The TC8916’s RS-232/RS- 422 user ports can be extended with the use of a fiber modem or multiplexer. When the Host Polling Device sends information to the TC8916 via the RS-232/RS-422 Host Port, it will broadcast to each of the RS-232/RS-422 user ports. The addressed remote device(s) will then respond back to the Host Device.
- Asyncup to 120 Kbps (RS-232), up to 500 Kbps (RS-422)
- Standard8 (1 Host + 7 Devices)
- Optional16 (1 Host + 15 Devices)
- Optional24 (1 Host + 23 Devices)
- ConnectorRJ11 Female
- Interface(DCE) RS-232 or RS-422
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or better
- System StatusAlarm, Power A, Power B, Vcc, Timer-1, Timer-2
- Channel StatusHost BRD, Host RSP, BRD & RSP (for each channel)
- Standard12VDC @250mA
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC or 115/230VAC w/ External Power Cube
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Hardened (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.39"
- Width(18.13 cm) 7.14"
- Depth(24.89 cm) 9.80"
- Weight(887 gm) 1.96 lb