The TC8631-4 is a 2 or 4 Channel RS-232 Sync-over-T1/E1 central directional multiplexer with built-in power redundancy, ideal for applications where RS-232 Sync serial data needs to be extended over a T1/E1 link.
Using two DB9 female ports (Port 1 & Port 2) for RS-232 Sync signals and each channel supports up to 28.8 Kbps.
With two TC8631-4 cards in one 1U chassis, there are two T1/E1 connections available for following configurations:
- Two 2 channel serial RS-232 multiplexer, each having their own T1/E1 connection
- One 4 channel serial RS-232 multiplexer, T1/E1 primary link and T1/E1 secondary link
Features 3 different types of built-in loopbacks: local, remote, and T1/E1 loopback, assist in isolating whether an issue lies on your serial line or your T1/E1 line. CSU Loop Code Up/Down is also supported.
- 2 CH or 4 CH RS-232 Sync with Full Handshakes (CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR)
- Built-in Internal Clocks (TXC/RXC)
- RS-232 Status LEDs for 8 Signals: TXD/RXD, CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR, TXC/RXC
- Seven LEDs for T1/E1 Status BPV, LOS, SYNC, AMI, RAI, AIS, CRC
- ESF Framing Support for T1
- PCM31C Framing Support for E1
- Very Low Latency
- Optional Power Redundancy
- 1U or 4U Rack Mount or 1S Standalone Chassis
- 12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC
- “R2” Push Button for Troubleshooting Local Or Remote Units
The TC8631-4 2-Channel RS-232 Sync-over- T1/E1 multiplexer provides an inexpensive method for connecting terminals such as relays, and status collecting devices. It is also used in harsh environments where EMI/ RFI interference, ground loops and lightning conditions may exist.
- Data Rate9.6 Kbps, 14.4 Kbps, 19.2 Kbps, 28.8 Kbps
- Receiver sensitivity0dB to -36dB
- Line CodeAMI / B8ZS
- Receiver sensitivity0dB to -43dB
- Line CodeAMI / HDB3
- Channel Status (each ch.)TXC, RXC, TXD, RXD, CTS, RTS, DTR, DSR
- SystemPWR A, PWR B, Vcc, ALM, RMT
- T1/E1BPV, LOS, SYNC, AMI, RAI, AIS, CRC
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- Dry ContactNormal Open/Closed
- Standard12VDC @ 500mA
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC, or 115/230VAC (with power cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.40"
- Width(18.14 cm) 7.20"
- Depth(24.89 cm) 9.80"
- Weight(907 gm) 2.0 lbs