Sales Consult Questions
There are 13 basic questions that typically need to be answered to help our sales team find the best product for you:
- What is the system topology?
(e.g. point-to-point, bus/string, ring, self-healing ring...)
- What type of TC Communications device do you think you need?
(e.g. modem, multiplexer, converter, transceiver...)
- What type of fiber optic cable are you going to use?
(e.g. multimode 850nm, 1300nm; single mode 1300nm, 1550nm...)
- What type of fiber optic connector are you using?
(e.g. ST, FC, SC, SMA...)
- How many fibers are between devices?
(e.g. One - Simplex Transmission; One - Duplex Transmission; Two - Duplex Transmission; Three/RGB...)
- What is the distance between the devices you are connecting?
(e.g. 2 kilometers, 20 kilometers...)
- What type of Electrical Interface are you using?
(e.g RS-232, RS-366, RS-422, RS-449, RS-485 2-wire or 4-wire, RS-530, V.35, T1, E1, AUI, UTP/10BaseT, BNC/10Base2, Audio - 600 ohm, Video...)
- What clock type are you using?
(e.g. Asynchronous; Synchronous - Internal or External Clock...)
- What Control Signals do you need?
(e.g. RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, CD...)
- What is your device type?
(e.g. DTE or DCE)
- What is the transmission rate do you require?
(e.g. 19.2 Kbps, 56 Kbps, 1.544 Mbps...)
- What fiber optic loss budget do you require?
(Total of connector loss & attenuation plus safety margin [3dB] for a given fiber optic link). Typical loss budget for a device would be 17dB, 20dB, 25dB...)
- What type of power source do you require?
(e.g. 12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC, 115VAC, 230 VAC...)